Happy Holidays from all of us Camp Ta-Kum-Ta! It was a great year thanks to all of our supporters!
In 2014, we were fortunate to be celebrating 30 years of creating life-long memories to children with cancer. Camp has given these children a place to simply be a kid again and has provided them with a place where they are not different; they are surrounded by kids just like themselves!
We have grown from a one-week summer program for children who have, or have had, cancer into a year-round camp for children who have, or have had, cancer and their families. In addition to expanding our programs over the years, we have also been able to build a beautiful world-class facility in South Hero, VT. Although much has been accomplished over the years, there is still a lot to be done and we are ready to take it on… because as we always say, Until There’s a Cure… There’s Camp!
As we approach the holidays we want to thank all of you for keeping Camp Ta-Kum-Ta close to your heart. It is your generosity that allows these children with cancer, whether in-treatment or post-treatment, to have that special rite of passage experience: a year-round camp. For this we are forever grateful!
In 2014, we reached some incredible milestones:
- Celebrated our 30th year of camp
- Expanded our siblings program to a weekend program which serves brothers and sisters of children who have or have had cancer
- Completed the chapel along with a beautiful memorial garden that was planted
- Completed our basketball court and installed a swimming pool
- Started the final phase of our sewer system
Cheers to a Happy New Year!!!